Below is my recipe for air fryer pork chops. With this recipe you can cook chops in half the time than when baking or on a stove top. I also added that for those of you who must limit your sugar intake that you can use reduced or sugar free maple syrup as a substitute for the pure maple syrup.
Air Fryer Pork Chops
· 3-4 Boneless Pork Chops (Thick Cut)
· Ground Black Pepper
· Apple pie or Pumpkin seasoning
· ¼ cup Maple syrup (pure, reduce or sugar free)
· 1 tablespoon Butter favored margarine
- In mixing bowl season pork chops with salt, pepper; apple pie seasoning. Microwave butter favored margarine with maple syrup for 45 second in glass measuring cup
- Pour over pork chop and flip chops until cool enough to add to large plastic zip lock bag; turn bag to cover chops with maple syrup mixture.
- Place bag in refrigerator for 20 minutes or overnight.
4. Meanwhile, coat the air fryer with regular cooking spray and preheat at 360o F for 5 minutes.
5. While air fryer is heating take pre-coated pork chop and place them on air fryer rack to drain. Reserve maple syrup mixture in bag to coat and retain moisture in the chops during cooking.
6. Then place the pork chops in the air fryer and cook for 4 minutes. Use the Reserve maple syrup mixture as necessary.
7. Carefully flip the pork chops and cook for an additional 4 minutes or until done.
8. Serve with your choice of sides, and enjoy.
2. Likewise, from chops 4 inches or more increase air frying time and check for doneness.
3. De-bone chops with bones if desired either before or after air frying.