Have you ever wanted to make lasagna, but discovered that you didn't have any ricotta cheese on hand or the fresh seasonings the recipe normally calls for, and time was running short to get supper on the table. Well ladies, below is my fabulous recipe for a quick and easy lasagna casserole that taste just scrumptious.
What set this recipe apart is that instead of adding ricotta cheese and a bunch of seasonings, I add Alfredo & marinara sauce and a bit of black pepper. I only add salt to boil the lasagna.
To make this meal I use a 2-quart Pyrex covered glass casserole baking dish and six lasagna pasta. However, you can adjust the recipe to your preference.
Now for my recipe.
Ground Beef Lasagna With Alfredo & Marinara Sauce
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 6 Great Value Lasagna Pasta noodles
- 12 ounces Great Value Finely Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 small white onion, chopped
- 1 /2 green pepper, chopped
- 4 - 5 oz fresh Portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 - 24 ounce jar Bertolli Vineyard Marinara With Mushroom Burgundy Wine Sauce
- 1 - 16 ounce jar Great Value: Classic Alfredo Pasta Sauce
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cook lasagna according to package directions.
- While lasagna is on the stove, cook ground beef, onion, garlic, and pepper in skillet until beef is browned; drain.
- Return beef to skillet and add the Marinara Sauce, and 1 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir to mix.
- Lightly spray a 2-quart Pyrex covered glass casserole baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place 2 lasagna pasta in bottom of casserole dish. For each layer cut the hangover portion of each lasagna noodle, and place them in center of other strips.
- Add 1/3 of the meat mixture on the lasagna pasta and then add some of the Alfredo sauce, mushrooms, and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with all three layers, but for the very top layer add a 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese and an additional 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes uncover casserole and baked for 10 to 15 minutes more, or until top is golden brown.
- Serve with a nice tossed salad.