How is the apron work going today? Tell me, have you ever needed a quick and easy sauce for dinner, but you didn’t have the time to make it from flour or corn starch?
Below is my chicken and mushroom sauce made from two cans of creamy soups. Enjoy!
Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup Sauce
- 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chives
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- Black pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
|Veggies without sauce|
- Heat according to soup cooking directions
- Serve with fried chicken and steamed veggies.
- To make the pictured dinner even easier serve it with your favorite fast food fried chicken.
- In addition, the pictured boiled potatoes took between 25 - 30 minutes to cook and the carrots another 10 minutes. Both were cooked together in the same pot. The potatoes were removed when done and the remaining time was use for the carrots. It is during this cooking time you can make the sauce and steam the veggies. However, watch your steamer and do not overcook the veggies. Boil the water first. Then add your veggies. You will want some crunchiness to remain; 7 to 8 minutes should do it.
- Reheating day old or cold fried chicken. If you have a large enough deep fryer, you can reheat chicken by setting your deep fryer to 360o degrees and the cook time to 4 minutes. The chicken comes out just as crispy and juicy as the first day.