This morning I a made variation of "My Harvest Stew", which I posted in 2015. With today's recipe I changed a few ingredients, and I believe that the changed made for a richer and taster stew, and unlike my first stew I where took more time in adding the ingredients, I cheated with this stew and just dumped everything in the pot all at once and then cook it.
My Second Harvest Stew
- 1-1/2 - 2 lb stew meat cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 -1/2 quart of water
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon summer savory
- fennel, a pinch
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- One carton of beef stock
- 12 -16 baby carrots
- 1 can of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bag unpeeled golden baby potatoes
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes (if on hand, add one bag of frozen tomatoes as well)
- 1 -1/2 green bell pepper, cut into bit size chunks
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cup frozen broccoli
- 2 half inch cut-up parsnips
- 1 butternut squash, cut into bit size chunks
- 1 1/3 fresh frozen green beans
- 3 medium stalks celery, cut into 2/4-inch pieces
- 1 sweet onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red onion, coarsely chopped
- Do not add corn or flour. The broccoli and butternut squash with break down to make rich thick broth.
- In 8-quart stockpot, add beef stew meat, bay leaves, water and beef stock.
- Then add in all the other vegetables and seasonings
- Cover; cook until potatoes and carrots are tender, 45 minutes to an hour
- Remove bay leaf.