MERRY CHRISTMAS, DARLINGS!
Today, I want to share my antipasto dip recipe with you. I used my stand mixer because of my old arthritic hands, but you can probably do it all by hand. My picky husband, Stanley loves it, and I had rescue it before Sam (one of our cats) got it. So, I do hope you will enjoy too.
|EVELYN’S ANTIPASTO DIP|
EVELYN’S ANTIPASTO DIP
2 pkgs. Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup chopped hard summer sausage
3/4 cup Kraft Italian Five Cheese Blend
1/4 cup chopped black olives
2 teaspoons dried fresh basil
2 green onions, chopped
1 cup chopped walnuts
3 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
2 teaspoons dried parsley
2 teaspoons Weber vegetable grill seasonings
Stand mixer with pastry attachment
1. In small bowl add Weber vegetable grill seasonings, dried parsley and dried fresh basil. Stir until slightly moist, then microwave for one minute
2. Remove seasoning from microwave and drain using tiny mesh strainer. Set aside strainer with seasonings in small bowl.
3. In mixer add cream cheese, summer sausage, Italian five cheeses, green onions, olives, roasted red peppers, and seasonings.
4. Blend on first setting for 1 minute.
5. After one minute, scrape the bowl by hand to blend side mix into the rest. Fold by hand together several times to make sure everything is mixed, then use mixer to blend up to one minute on the first setting, on 30 seconds on setting 2.
6. Shape into football, wreath, a log, or just add to dip bowl surrounded by fresh fruits and vegetable.
7. Cover and refrigerate unused portion for later use.
8. Serve to the guys watching the games.
Adapted from the
basic Antipasto Wreath recipe
Until next year,