It’s been awhile, but I assume like many people my husband and I are adjusting to this unwanted and apparently non-ending covid lifestyle and some of the other problems that come along with it. Although, we have not contracted the virus or any of its variants, life still has its trying moments. However, as elderly citizens we continue to adjust and carry on with our daily lives.
Enough said on this issue, today I want to share my updated version of the previously posted roaster oven London Broil recipe. Unlike the original recipe this update is richer in flavor and has more gravy.
|Remains of the day: London Broil|
LONDON BROIL EVELYN'S STYLE
Equipment: Roaster Oven and large casserole dish
1 London Broil, 2 - 3 pounds
1 can of cream mushroom soup or beefy mushroom soup
1 package onion soup mix
3 jumbo potatoes or 12 baby red or butter potatoes
1 jar of sliced mushrooms, or 8 ounces of fresh sliced mushroom
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat roaster oven to 400 degrees
2. In large microwaveable mixing bowl add water, mushroom soup, onion soup mix, and jar mushroom. Set aside
3. Slice potatoes lengthwise into 6 to 8 pieces
4. Place London Broil in a large casserole dish lined and crossed with heavy duty foil.
5. Add jumbo potatoes slices or whole baby potatoes. Pour onion soup mixture over meat and potatoes. Seal foil tightly.
6. Make small vent holes in foil for steam to escape.
7. Optional: add 1 inch of water in the bottom of dish; add more as water evaporates. Remember what leaks out can also seep in. So try not to dilute onion soup mixture too thinly.
casserole dish in roaster oven and bake for 2-3 hours.
Download the PDF.
I hope you enjoy it.
Until next time,