Here’s praying for those of you who have come down with the Coronavirus a safe recovery.
This evening I am posting a recipe for tuna salad. Yes I know there are hundredth of recipes for tuna salad, and I have posted my own. However, all the tuna and seafood recipes I have previously posted I used tuna in vegetable oil. Mainly because I don’t like the watered-down taste of tuna packed in water.
When the days were normal I could buy both tuna in oil for myself and tuna in water for my husband. Being the barbarian he is he likes eating it straight from the can. Yuck! Nevertheless, today was a game-changer in that I was out of Tuna in vegetable oil and decided to use my husband tuna instead.
This new recipe is wonderful in that the added ingredients eliminated the bland watery taste of the tuna and made it a taste bud delight.
TUNA (WATER) SALAD
4 can of tuna, 5 oz
1/4 tsp. cilantro
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 tsp dill weeds
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1 ½ tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon gumbo file
1/2 cup red, green, or yellow bell pepper
1/8 teaspoon Black Pepper
2 tablespoons Sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1. Pre-chill tuna in refrigerator 2 to 6 hours
2. When tuna is chilled remove from container and drain
3. Place tuna in a large mixing bowl
4. To moisten all the dry ingredients and sweet pickle relish mixed with tuna and set aside.
5. Prepare celery stalk, bell pepper, and red onion
6. Transfer to tuna bowl and mix well then cover. Chill.
7. When serving add tuna salad to the top of lettuce or fresh spinach.
Download The Recipe
Enjoy, and Stay Healthy!
Widescreen Online Review