Today I found myself with two containers of Spring Mix. My husband bought a container last week, which got lost in the refrigerator, so I bought a container today. Well after checking the first container for freshness and finding it okay, I decided to come up with a new recipe. Having cooked iceberg and romaine lettuce with mustard and turnip greens, I decided to cook the extra container of Spring Mix alone.
They turned out yummy!
Below is my simple recipe for a cooked lettuce side dish.
Evelyn’s Skillet Cooked Spring Mix
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1/2 cup vegetable broth
Sprinkle salt and butcher grade black pepper to taste
1to 2 pinches crushed red pepper
Slash of rice vinegar
1- 16 oz container of Spring Mix
1. Wash Spring Mix under cold tap water, drain and place in large mixing bowl.
2. Add other ingredients, except only add ¼ of vegetable broth to bowl.
3. Hand mix well (a real woman’s cooking method).
4. Heat a large skillet on medium low heat, setting 4 ½
5. Add ingredients from the bowl to skillet. Cook and stir for about 5 minutes, then stir in remaining vegetable broth
6. Cover skillet; stirring occasionally cook from 15 to 20 minutes, or until the Spring Mix look like cooked greens
7. Turn off stove and let Spring Mix set in the flavors
8. Serve as side dish
Created by Widescreen Online Review Plus
Download the PDF.
Until next time,