For those of you that like your cornbread a little more sweeten and buttery, I have a couple of ingredients updates in the notes below.
After my air fryer recipe using “Martha White® Self-Rising Enriched White Corn Meal Mix” with egg whites and rice milk was a hit. I decided to try baking yellow cornbread in a similar fashion.
Using a standard yellow cornbread recipe, I was able to convert it down to size for use in my six inch baking pan and my air fryer (Big Boss).
The hardest part of this was waiting 5 minutes to let it cool before tasting it. It is delicious. It looks white in the photos but it is yellow. It just the lighting.
Evelyn’s Air Fryer Yellow Cornbread
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup rice milk
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat air fryer to 320 degrees F
- Add vegetable oil to your six inch round pan and roll around to coat sides and place in preheated air fryer. Do not remove.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Add the egg whites and rice milk. Mix well.
- Pour the batter into the preheated pan.
- Air fry for 15 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick placed in the center of cornbread comes out clean.
- Remove from air fryer
and Let cool or, warm serve.
Notes: To sweeten and add a buttery taste to this yellow cornbread recipe increase the sugar by one (1) teaspoon and substitute the vegetable oil out for 2 pads of melted butter.
Written by Widescreen Online Review Plus
Like with my other Air Fryer recipe, this recipe is also good for people who must watch their cholesterol levels and gluten intake.
Until next time,
Download a copy of Evelyn’s Air Fryer Yellow Cornbread , Evelyn's Air Fried Cornbread,
and Evelyn’s Air Fryer Yellow Cornbread UPDATE PDFs.