Time for one of my original quick and easy recipes. Today, I came up with a new recipe for Rice A Roni Chicken Teriyaki flavored. It is recipe for two and is truly delicious. I call it "Rice A Roni Teriyaki With Stirred-Fried Ginger Pork".
The recipe is as follows.
1 package of Rice A Roni Chicken Teriyaki flavored
1 cup of frozen teriyaki vegetables, thawed and well drained
1/2 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, thawed and well drained
2 boneless center pork chops, or any other deboned pork chops
3-4 slices of fresh or frozen ginger, chopped
2 tablespoons Imperial Dragon Sesame Seed Oil
1/8 cup Tsang General Tso Sauce
1. Prepare the Rice A Roni Chicken Teriyaki according to the microwave direction for 12 minutes. Stir.
2. Add thawed vegetables and snow peas during the last 4 minutes. Stir.
3. While Rice A Roni is cooking, slice pork chops into long thin strips (not too thin), and again into 1 inch to 1-1/2 inch slices
4. Heat skillet on medium-low, or if using a electric skillet heat to 350 f.
5. Add Sesame Seed Oil and pork to skillet
6. Stir pork until all the pink is gone.
7. Then reduce heat to 300 f or simmer setting on stove.
8. Add ginger and stir-fry until pork is a golden brown on both sides
9. Remove pork and ginger from skillet and drain off excessive sesame seed oil.
10. Replace pork and ginger and add the General Tso Sauce and stir-fry 2- 3 minutes.
11. Remove Rice A Roni from microwave, and stir to mix vegetables.
12. Serve the Rice A Roni vegetable mixture and ginger pork side by side on plates.
13. Add a line of Tsang General Tso Sauce to Rice A Roni and the vegetables
Cook's Tip: You can use the remaining amount of Rice A Roni vegetable mixture tomorrow as a leftover meal, or double the pork and ginger portions in this recipe to make a meal for four.