It is amazing how some lesser known things, suddenly become popular, or at least, gain new life. The same is true of Iowahorse's recipe for Alligator Sausage & Crawfish Casserole.
I discovered this recipe back in June of 2015 when I posted my Crawfish Casserole recipe. Since then this Alligator Sausage & Crawfish Casserole recipe has been re-posted on many websites. Therefore, this being the case, below is Iowahorse's original recipe for Alligator Sausage & Crawfish Casserole.
Alligator Sausage & Crawfish Casserole
Total Time 1hr 20mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 lb alligator sausage, crumble, brown, drain
- 1 lb crayfish tail
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 cups converted rice
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotelle Tomatoes And Green Chilies
- 1 can onion soup
- 1 can beef consomme
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1 lb mushroom, sliced
- 10 ml garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 lb butter or 1⁄4 lb margarine
- Mix alligator sausage with remaining ingredients.
- Place in a covered casserole or pan and cook in preheated 350 degree oven for 1 hour.
- After 30 minutes, stir well and continue cooking for the remaining time.
- Let cool, uncovered, for a few minutes and serve
NOTE: Alligator Sausage can be purchase at Exotic Meats USA