6 -8 medium boiling potatoes
1/2 - 3/4 cup cups regular mayonnaise or salad dressing
3 tablespoons sweet relish
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 medium celery stalks, chopped
½ cup onion, chopped
½ cup red, green or yellow bell pepper
½ med-large of an apple, any color, chopped
4 -6 hard cooked eggs, chopped
- Scrub potatoes (add a few drops of Dawn to help lift the dirt).
- Peel skins off and remove eyes.
- Cut potatoes into cubes
- Cover potatoes water in 3 to 4 quarts sauce pan; add salt and heat to boiling
- Reduce heat
- Cook 30 to 35 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Cool a few minutes.
- When potatoes are cool enough put potatoes in medium to large bowl
- With the exception of the eggs, add in all other ingredients, and mix well.
- Sprinkle with Sweet paprika for garnish
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2- 4 hours.
- Serve boiled eggs separately, sliced or whole
- Addition salt and pepper at table for personal taste
Note: The reason I did not add the eggs directly into the salad is that my mom told me that putting eggs in potato salad makes it turn bad quicker.