Today I have two recipes to share with you. Each is based on my sudden urge for something new and my unique pallet, so I hope you will enjoy them.
First is my twist on Greek salad dressing. After refrigerating add a warm water to thin out a little or you cam substitute coconut milk for the coconut cream.
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, concentrate
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 cup fresh Greek oregano, chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp regular dried oregano
- 1-1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- 1 tsp dried basil
- ¼ cup fresh sweet basil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp butcher grind black pepper
- ¼ cup coconut milk or cream
- Cropped fresh herbs in chopper, then Combine all dressing ingredients in a food Ace blender and puree on setting 1 once.
- Then blender on Smoothie setting once. Push mixture on upper of glass down.
- Blend mixture on puree setting 1 twice, pushing down mixture in between pureeing. This heat mixture for about 2:45 minutes and release the favor in the dry herbs
- Once done place in a air tight jar; let cool and serve
- Or, to heighten favor let refrigerate over night or 24 hours.
This second receipt is for seasoning flour for frying various meats.
2 cups of flour
2 tsps seasoned salt
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
2 tbsps water
- Mix egg white and water mixture in medium flat bowl, set aside
- Place all ingredients in a gallon plastic bag, except egg mixture
- Shake well to mix
- Followed by adding fish or chicken or pork chops to seasoned flour
- Coat well and then remove from bag
- Cover fish or chicken or pork chops with egg white and water mixture
- Add fish or chicken or pork chops to seasoned flour again for crusty topping
- Cook as usual.
Stay well, Darlings