Today I am sharing my latest air fryer recipe, a tuna casserole dish. I wanted a change from my old recipe, so I changed it up a bit. And all that I can say is that I wished I had thought of this sooner.
It tastes great! I hope you enjoy it as well as Stan and I do.
About the picture. There was an even amount of casserole left in the dish after I served it, but Stan decided to nibble on a little more before putting it in the refrigerator.
Sour Cream Macaroni And Cheese Tuna Casserole Bake
An Air Fryer Recipe
One 14oz box Kraft Original Cheddar Macaroni and cheese
Three 6 oz cans of tuna in vegetable oil, drained
1 package extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons all purpose flour
1/2 tablespoon sugar
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
Butcher ground black pepper
- Drain tuna and set aside in a large bowl.
- Defrost mixed vegetables in a bowl of hot tap water. (Usually a second change of hot water will defrost the vegetables.)
- Prepare macaroni as directed on box.
- While the macaroni is still cooking drain the mixed vegetables; stir them into the tuna bowl with the creamy cheddar cheese that came with the macaroni and cheese. Then add the flour , sugar and sour cream. mix well and set aside.
- Remove macaroni from microwave and drain.
- Preheat air fryer for 10 minutes on 350 degrees.
- Add macaroni with some butcher ground black pepper, and salt for taste to tuna bowl. Mix well.
- Pour ingredients into a 2 quart casserole dish that has been sprayed with butter flavored cooking oil.
- Add two layers or more of extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese on top of tuna casserole.
- Spray top of shredded cheese lightly with the butter cooking oil.
- Place casserole in hot air fryer.
- Reduce temperature to 340 degrees and bake uncovered for 10 minutes or until top is golden brown. Then reduce temperature to warm or 250 degrees and continue to bake from 5-8 minutes more
- Remove from air fryer and let cool for 5 minutes, then serve.
Until next time, Darlings,
Widescreen Online Review©2018