I am still doing spring cleaning and some furniture makeover. I have taken an interest in distress furniture, which is taking something new and making it look old. The same can be done with some old furniture you might have stored around the house, but I will get into more details later. This is why I haven't had much time for posting new articles on my websites. However, today I want to share an easy shrimp and pasta meal with you that I and my husband, Stan, really enjoyed and hope you enjoy as well.
The meal consist of two recipes my Shrimp And Imitation Crab Meat Salad recipe, and my Knorr Herb & Butter Chilled Pasta recipe.
Knorr Herb & Butter Chilled Pasta Salad
This is a very simple recipe because to make it you only need to add a few ingredients.
1 package Knorr® Herb & Butter Pasta
3/4 cup frozen peas and carrots
3/4 cup frozen green beans, snapped into 3 pieces each
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Steam the peas and carrots and green beans on high for about 10 minutes
- Microwave Knorr® Herb & Butter Pasta as directed on package
- Once the pasta is done stir and let cool 5 minutes
- Then add mayonnaise, stir until pasta no longer sticks together
- Stir in peas and carrots and green beans
- Mix well and chill
- Stir before serving
Shrimp And Imitation Crab Meat Salad
12 oz package frozen shrimp, medium
8 oz frozen imitation crab meat
1/4 tsp. cilantro
1/4 tsp. cilantro
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp dill weed
1/4 tsp celery seeds
1/4 cup chopped sweet onion
1/4 cup chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped celery
1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 cup carrot, slice
1/4 cup apple, medium diced
1/2 cup red, green, or yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup freeze dried cranberries
1 naval orange
salt & pepper to taste
sugar to taste.
- While shrimp and crab meat are defrosting , mix all the other ingredients until well blended.
- Stir in shrimp and crab meat. Mix well.
Serve shrimp and crab meat salad on bed of Romaine lettuce surrounded by some of the Knorr Herb & Butter Chilled Pasta salad and orange slices. Crackers would be nice also.